I needed to walk a client through changing her Google Apps password earlier today. I’m posting it how to do it here for future reference.
Here’s how to change your password for Gmail, Google Apps or your Google Account:
- First you need to log in with your username and current password. Gmail users can log in at http://mail.google.com/mail. Apps users can go to their Apps login screen. This is usually located at http://google.com/a/domain.com or mail.domain.com (replace “domain.com” with your domain name). The login screen for Google Accounts is https://accounts.google.com/Login.
- Once you are logged in, click on your name (or email address) near the top right of the page and then click “Account Settings” from the menu that opens.
- This brings up the user profile screen. Look for the section that says “Personal Settings.” Under personal settings, click “Changing your password.”
- This brings up the “Change password” screen. In the first box, enter your current password, then enter the new password into the second and third boxes.
- Hit save. That should do it!
If you are logged in, this direct link brings up the change password page: https://accounts.google.com/EditPasswd. However, this link could change at any time so it’s good to know how to get to the change password page without it.